Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Addition

Pin It Sorry for the break in posts.  I have been a bit busy lately.  A couple weeks ago I found out my baby was IUGR (intrauterine growth restricted).  He was measuring nearly 4 weeks too small.  I was just over 36 weeks along when we found this out.  They decided to induce me early so he could get the nourishment he needed outside of the womb since he wasn't getting enough inside.

So on Monday December 26th I was induced.  Baby's heart rate started to drop every contraction, so I had to get a c-section.  Baby boy was born at 11:54 a.m. weighing in at 4 pounds 15 ounces and 17 inches long.

He's had a bit of a challenge eating and is currently in the NICU.  We're hoping he can come home soon. We sure do love our little guy!


3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I hope he's doing well and you're recovering nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your new addition! Just came across your blog on pinterest. I'm a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your new child :) I just wanted you to know that your blog is amazing!

    ReplyDelete